Hidden Gem

Chit Chat about Pubs in general.

Hidden Gem

Postby brenda72 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

If you have never tried the Restaurant at The Kings Head, Loddon, you have missed a treat.
We ate there on the last night of our recent Holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It has its own
entrance to the Restaurant so you don't need to go through the bar.
Russ, the Chef is a smashing chap, very sociable, friendly and acommodating. As I was feeling
a bit off colour that night, I only had a starter which was Mushrooms fried in garlic butter served with
a side salad (which I didn't have) and warm crusty bread. It was delicious. Brian had, Sausage, Mash,
Peas and Carrots with gravy and at £4.95 has to be the best value for money on the Broads.
We were talking to another couple in there and they said his Sunday Carvery was well worth a visit.
(booking advisable).
We will certainly be paying it another visit when we go again next year.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Brenda. :wow
brenda72
Deckhand

Re: Hidden Gem

Postby Boaters » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Sounds good ,will give it try when next in Loddon :D
Boaters
Deckhand

Re: Hidden Gem

Postby TudorRose » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Loddon is a bit of a hidden gem all round. Kings Head food was excellent last time we were there and don't forget you also have the lovely Mr Lim's Chippy and Caroline at Rosy Lees. .clap.

We were planning a trip down south in October but with everyone having different timetables it looks that we might have to give it a miss this year. Really disappointed as it would have been nice to call in at some of our southern favourites. :cry:

Maybe I could have phoned Andy and asked if he would have done us a good deal on moorings for the night. ;)
We All came here on different ships, but we're in the same boat now!
TudorRose
Site Admin

Return to General Pub Chat